A blog by suburban Chicago romance writer Nicki Elson. She shares her perspective on novel writing, marketing, and other random bits of a writer's life. Every post ends with a happily ever after.
A Chat with Lady Gallagher
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The talented and wonderful Anne Gallagher has invited me over for an "Inside the Writer's Studio" sort of thing at her Piedmont Writer blog, so please stop over at Anne's if you have the time and join the discussion.
Just when I was in dire need of something to break me out of my funk and get revved up for the new year, along come Suze and M.Pax with an invitation to co-host a most excellent bloghop adventure! Enough looking back upon the past that was 2012, we're jumping forward to 2023. Your adventure instructions are here: You're up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven't brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking t he half-filled carafe in the sink, you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. As you cast your eyes to the ground, you see a parcel addressed to you ... from you. You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox -- sent from ten years in the ...
Welcome to July, everybody! Sorry I missed last month. I was out in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee with a bunch of my family. It was so much fun. This was the view from our cabin (that's Gatlinburg down below): I'm making up for my absence last month by co-hosting the IWSG this month! Looking forward to visiting bunches of blogs over the next few days. Get ready for #IWSGPit! On July 19, you'll have the opportunity to pitch your completed and polished manuscript on Twitter. If your pitch receives a favorite/heart from a publisher/agent, that means they've requested a query! See all the details and rules at the IWSG website . Now, on to the IWSG Optional Question: What are your ultimate writing goals, and how have they changed over time? Goals? What are goals? Just kidding! I've heard of them; I'm just not great about setting them. But I guess my goal when I first started writing was to have fun with it, and that hasn't changed. After...
I'm excited to particpate in The Great Blogging Experiment , brainchild of bloggers extraordinaire Elana Johnson , Alex J Cavanaugh and Jennifer Daiker . The experiment is simply this: a bunch of bloggers blog on the same exact topic on the same exact day---today! Will it be mass redundancy, or will we find each post insightful in it's own way, colored by each blogger's unique personality? We shall see. I'm betting on the latter. For a list of participants in The Great Blogging Experiment , click on the link to this post at Elana's blog and scroll down. Much thanks to Elana, Alex, and Jen for setting all of this up. The topic: Writing Compelling Characters. It's well established that fictional characters should have flaws. It makes them real and therefore relatable. And getting readers to relate to a character is imperative if the character is to be compelling. But even the flaws have to be done just right. If we don't follow certa...
Comments
I am STILL HERE! They won't let me leave! I want our super belated birthday drink. Taurus is officially over.... as of last week! DAMN!
It looks like three more weeks to finish up this design project maybe more. It all depends on the custom work.
I hope all is well with you....