DisneyWorld Day 1: Caribbean Beach

If all has gone as planned, I'm at Disney World today.  While I was busy pre-living the vacation (planning...daydreaming) I put together a series of short posts on the three things I'm most looking forward to each day.  So if you'd like to do a little Disney dreaming yourself, come on in...

Here are the three things I'm most looking forward to on arrival day:

Chillaxing at the refurbished pool at Caribbean Beach Resort.



If we tire of chillaxing, we'll catch a bus to Hollywood Studios and then a boat to Disney's Boardwalk.  My son and I are intrigued by something called the "Pizza Window."  It's a place along the boardwalk where you order a pizza at one window, pick it up at the next, and then you keep on walkin'.



The plan is to be back at Caribbean Beach in time to watch the top of the Epcot fireworks from the Banana Cabana. 


How about you---on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being 
"Throw a dart in the map and let's go! " 
and 10 being 
"I'm going to pre-schedule blog posts about what I'll do each day," 
where do you fall when it comes to pre-planning a vacation?

(I'm not bringing my laptop and you know how I feel about iPhones but I promise to repay your visits in the days following my return.)

Comments

Suze said…
I love the way the lights blur like electric sno cones tossed onto the water in that second photo.

I hope you're having a great time!
I'm a planner when it comes to vacations, but no blog posts while I'm gone. You'd all just have to wonder!
Have a great time.
Michael Di Gesu said…
OH, so lovely...

Actually the Disney Boardwalk brings back fond memories.

When I stayed at the Swan, it was walking distance I and we enjoyed the festivities there.

The second time I visited I met Christy of erica and christy blog fame. We went to the dueling piano bar. Not the best place for a LONG chat, but the music was great and conversation even better.

Well, you kind of know me. I am one of those INSANE bloggers that want to share my experience as it's pretty much happening. I I download pics and post them the very next day. I LOVE to have my blogging friends along with me while I vacation.

I"ll be meeting Jen Daiker in Wizarding World in less than a month. SO be prepared for lots of fun pics.

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME....
Tara Tyler said…
yeah for your grand gathering at disney!
we go next month =)
have fun! tell all about it and do the toy story ride in hollywood studios for me!
I have never been to Disney World but it sounds amazing. I want to go so bad and do some chillaxing and nom noms on pizzas.
JJ said…
I have stayed at that resort. I'm sure you will have a terrific time. As for pre-planning a vacation, I usually don't. At Disney, it is almost mandatory to plan. However, in general, I wing it.
Jennifer Lane said…
I bet it's hot down there, eh? I have a psychology conference next AUGUST in Orlando and I'm all "What are you thinking, people?"

Anyway, I'm a 5 on your vacation preparation scale. I like some plans but don't want to overdo it. Very impressive that you planned some posts before you left! I'm usually so rushed leaving for vacay that I barely get packed in time. Have a wonderful time!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...