Sway in the Summer Breeze

Last Tuesday, Omnific Publishing released two Summer Lovin' Anthologies---one sweet as a Summer Breeze and one hot & steamy as a Heat Wave---to benefit breast cancer research through the Save the Ta-tas Foundation.  For the project, thirteen authors, nine editors, and two graphic designers volunteered their time and talents to help a great cause in the funnest of ways. Our cover designer, Stephanie Swartz, is a two time breast cancer survivor. 

Each anthology contains a collection of summer-themed short stories.  My story "Sway" is in Summer Breeze.   Here's a snippet about the story as well as the song it shares a title with. (I may have listened to it over and over and over again while writing...and then once more.  So that's my question for you---what songs have seeped into your writing?)

Sway
by Nicki Elson

Summer evenings get interesting for three octogenarian sisters when a dreamy crooner shows up outside one of their bedroom windows.





To learn more about the anthologies and meet all the authors, 
visit Summer Lovin' Books.

Enter to win signed copies of the Anthologies simply by following the BRAND NEW Omnific Publishing Blog!

The Summer Breeze collection of sweet summer romances brings together seven of Omnific Publishing’s authors for some “breezy” romantic reading. In just one book, you can find Carol Oates’ Irish mythical storytelling, Jennifer Lane’s sassy swimmer, and Hannah Downing’s second chance at first love. While Nicki Elson spins a beautiful tale of remembered love, Killian McRae employs a modern twist with her technology-based romance, and Sarah Glover tells the story of best friends’ summer discovery. Rounded out with Susan Kaye Quinn’s glimpse into the next chapter of her Life, Liberty and Pursuit gang, this anthology offers something for everyone to get lost in this summer.


In the Heat Wave anthology, you'll find six steamy romance stories by some of your favorite authors for some “heated” reading. Fans of paranormal romance will enjoy Robin DeJarnett’s vampire lovers and Lisa Sanchez’s unexpectedly compatible lovers. While Debra Anastasia transports you to a long ago time for some steamy romance, Jessica McQuinn brings you back to the hot protectors of modern day. BJ Thornton and Kasi Alexander dip into the exotic with their touch of super sexy. There’s something in this collection to get every reader’s temperature rising!  


Meet an Author Monday is now hosted by Lisa Sanchez at her Romance Author blog where she's hosting a Sizzling Summer Author Extravaganza all month long!

Please hop on and hop along to mix & mingle w/ other authors.

Comments

Congratulations, Nicki! And the high-energy rock I listen to often seeps into my writing, or at least fuels it.
Suze said…
My writing is shaped to great extent by music. But you already knew that. :)
JJ said…
Nicki: May I list these anthologies in the free bookstore I am developing? Let me know. I sent you an e-mail last week with the info. They will link back to this site. Thanks.
Jennifer Lane said…
A dreamy crooner? Sign me up? I have the ebook and am awaiting the print copy but I haven't had time to start reading the anthologies due to book club. Hopefully soon!
Anonymous said…
After watching the Michael Buble video, I now have a sudden urge for a mojito. :-)
Arlee Bird said…
Congratulations. I've heard that song many times and never knew what it was called.
I tend to listen to classical pieces over and over when I am writing. Lately I've been wearing out my CD of Mahler's Symphony #1. This is some real deep mood music.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...