First Gifts Blog Fest


Hey, Liz Fichera and The Mojito Literary Society have started a really fun hop called First Gifts Blog Fest, in which bloggers tell their stories about first gifts received from a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, life partner, or whoever.  (I went heavy on the whoever...as a matter of fact, I may have added that category all by myself.)  If you've got a first gift story to tell, please hop on!  This fest goes through Sunday, November 21.   

This post was supposed to go in a whole 'nother direction, but yesterday's mail changed all that.  It starts with a gift I bought for my son...that turned into a gift for me.

Baby boy turned thirteen this past Sunday, so I went to Best Buy last week and bought him the M-rated new release, Call of Duty: Black Ops.  But my parenting skills are not the point. The point is that the check-out girl offered me a free six-month subscription to People magazine.  I figured what the heck and took it.

Yesterday my first issue arrived.

It's the sexiest man alive issue. 
*eyebrows* *eyebrows* *eyebrows*



I'll admit I'm not overly thrilled with the top pick, but the whole issue is full of men!  Attractive, funny, charming men! It had been a long time since I'd shut my brain off for a few minutes and flipped through a magazine, but I'm so glad I did. The highlight for me was a surprise peek at Nathan Fillion's man cave, but really, the whole experience was pretty damned enjoyable. Thanks Best Buy girl.

My only complaint is that the movie star I was most hoping to see all sexy-like only got a 1" x 2 1/2"scrap of a page!  I'm speaking of Chris Pine from the 2009 Star Trek movie and future star of Alex J. Cavenaugh's CassaStar.   I mean, even Rupert Grint got a bigger piece of real estate, for Merlin's sake.  Don't worry, Chris baby, you can take up space on my blog any time. ;)


Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! You got the Sexiest Man Alive issue. You clever, clever girl. It's lucky you were so kind to your son. :)
Unknown said…
It's pretttttyyyyyy.. *wipes drool from mouth.* Love it when the gifts get re-gifted and they're so much better for you! Great post.
oh I love Ryan Reynolds I have watched the proposal about 20 times now, what is better than a sexy editor?
You did get the perfect gift, well maybe with the exception of that little picture of Co-Co on the cover.
Anonymous said…
Finally! A reason to buy PEOPLE!! I was hoping for Alex O'Loughlin and I'm totally with you on the hotness of Chris Pine!

I love the direction your post took! :-) Whenever you discuss hot men, you get no argument from me. It's like you gave a gift to the rest of us!!

Thanks for joining the Blog Hop! xo
Kittie Howard said…
Chris Pine's eyes are deeeevine! We gals need some eye candy once in awhile. (And I'm going back to Best Buy. All I got was a bill. *sniffs*)
Nicki Elson said…
Haha, glad you ladies enjoyed! How dare Best Buy cheat you of your sexy men, Kittie!

Co-Co...? I'm out of the loop on that one.
Traci Bell said…
I'm going to have to buy that People now. I love Nathan Fillion!
Unknown said…
Oh, Ryan Reynolds! He's my weakness! I am a big fan of his sexy charm! Glad you got your copy for free! That made it all that much sweeter. I need to make sure mexico jumps on the band wagon and starts giving free subscriptions!
Kittie Howard said…
Nicki, thanks for dropping by and for your warm comments! That is one fantastic idea for collecting canned goods...WOW! Fun with a good mission, doesn't get any better than that. I'm passing the idea on, with credit to you...Thanks, Nicki!
Hi,

Hee hee, that's a great gift when it suits mom, too!!!

best
F
Yeah, I wish I looked like Ryan Reynolds. Guess if you want more Chris Pine (until my book is made into a movie of course) you'll have to go see Unstoppable.
Great that you got such a "hot" gift! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! Wonderful idea for the star of Alex's movie...

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay
Anonymous said…
Now THAT'S a gift! LOL In fact, if you need to re-gift it. . . Nah, I won't be able to wait that long. I'm still celebrating my birthday month so I'll go buy it tomorrow. LOL

Donna Cummings
Michael Di Gesu said…
It's always nice to get a treat for yourself when buying a gift for a loved one. And it's a gift that keeps on giving .... enjoy.


Michael
*Sigh* Love Mr. Pine. Love, love, love Mr. Fillion! Holy hotness! Great gift to all of us! Thank you so much.
fallen monkey said…
*giggling* + *blushing*

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...