K: Kahlua *90's Pop Culture Favorites* #AtoZchallenge

Today you get a recipe. I don't know if this was the case everywhere, but in these parts, Kahlua was a pretty hot drink in the 90's, and a coworker gave me this awesome recipe that has stood the test of time. I love it because it is both delicious and soooo easy.

KAHLUA CAKE

Ingredients
1 package devil's food cake mix
(that's right---a recipe that calls for a mix!)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Kalua
3/4 cup canola oil
1 16 oz. package chocolate chips
1 can ready-made chocolate frosting

Directions
Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees 55 - 60 minutes or according to cake mix instructions. Let cake cool and frost.  I wasn't kidding about the easy, eh? 

Comments

Sarah Foster said…
I still love Kahlua!
I don't drink that kind of alcohol, but the cake sounds good!
That cake sounds delicious. I had a friend who like Kalua and cream drinks.
D.G. Hudson said…
I like the coffee liqueurs, and you only need a small amount. It's because of the coffee taste that I like it. I have a recipe on how to make coffee liqueur at home from MIL's recipe. It works. (I used to make liqueurs for gifts.)

Dropping by via the A to Z. . .
Suze said…
Now there's a recipe with ease of execution right at my speed.
Liz Blocker said…
You're right - Kahlua's not so much trendy anymore, is it? Is it sad that I never realized that??
Crystal Collier said…
This is where I admit I don't even know what Kahlua is. (And not because I didn't live through the era.)
Anonymous said…
I want to try this. I love Kahlua.
Arlee Bird said…
My father used to love Kahlua. I'd always get several bottles each year when I'd visit Mexican border towns and then give a couple of them to my father for Christmas. He liked it over vanilla ice cream or in various mixed drinks. I'd sometimes have it in my morning coffee. Nothing like starting the day off with alcohol if you don't have to do anything else. By the end of the Christmas vacation the Kahlua was usually gone.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog
Carrie-Anne said…
I used to love chocolate Kahlua cheesecake as a preteen.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...