C: Chicago Bulls *90's Pop Culture Favorites* #AtoZchallenge


I've never been a sports fan, but it was impossible to be a young urban professional in Chicago in the early 90's and not be a Bulls fanatic. It. Was. Magical.  Horace Grant, Scottie Pippin, John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, and Bill Cartwright all on the same team and led by Phil Jackson. Fugeddaboudit. Hmm, feels like I'm forgetting someone. Oh yeah---ever hear of a fella from North Carolina named Michael Joooordan?!?   

It probably didn't hurt that at the time I worked a job that scored me frequent tickets to the sky box. All I know is, I can't watch the video above without getting all tingly. 



SHEEPISH ADMISSION: I'm not even here. I've been kidnapped by pirates and shall be hooped up on pixie dust for the rest of the week. Upon my return, visiting my A to Z commenters will be the top priority in my eLife, so see you then!

Comments

Those were awesome times in basketball history. Jordan will always be the greatest.
StratPlayerCJF said…
Well, I lived in the Detroit area during the 90's and as a "Bad Boys" Pistons fan, the Bulls were absolutely THE enemy!

(But I can't deny that MJ and the bulls were an incredibly talented and magical team.)
Kate Larkindale said…
I'm so not a sports fan.... I didn't even know what sport the Bulls played. I'll just go cower under my rock some more.
Crystal Collier said…
Enjoy your pirates and pixie dust. We anxiously await your return. =)

I know what you mean about the team. I was in Utah then and when we almost beat your team, it was mind-blowing.
Michael Jordan was a class onto himself. My boys were little then and they loved him.
Liz Blocker said…
Yikes, Nicki, I have no idea how I missed visiting you for A to Z so far! I'm going to go play catch up with your posts...

I'm not a Bulls fan, and I get the chills watching that video. I love sports sometimes (or, ok, a lot of the time.)
I'm not really a sports fan... and I reside outside of the USA... but even I know Michael Jordan!
He's a global sports phenomenon!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...