E: ER *90's Pop Culture Favorites* #AtoZchallenge

ER was suuuuch a good show. As evidenced by its obscenely long tenure---1994 to 2009. But I was only in for about 4-5ish of those seasons, maybe less. Having two bebes less than a year and a half apart sorta cuts into TV time. I watched it from the Clooney years into the beginning of the River Song (Alex Kingston) years.

E.R. was a great mix of drama, humor, and gasp-worthy moments with interesting, warm characters. Nice romance too at times. And the Chicago setting was a bonus. So did anyone here watch this show into the new millennium? And if so, are those later seasons worth hunting down?



SHEEPISH ADMISSION: I'm not even here. I've been kidnapped by pirates and shall be hooped up on pixie dust for the rest of the week. Upon my return, visiting my A to Z commenters will be the top priority in my eLife, so see you then!  

Comments

While never a fan of the show, I did watch a few episodes.
Never watched ER. I just don't like medical shows, drama or comedy or soapy.
I liked that it was set in Chicago, especially because I live in Chicago and love it here. I didn't really watch ER, though; my heart always belonged to crime dramas, like Law and Order.
Anonymous said…
I dipped into ER a little bit but only for Clooney, admittedly. I absolutely love Scrubs though (different era, I know) - could watch it one after another!
#AtoZChallenge http://virtuallyallsorts.wordpress.com
Anonymous said…
Stopping by on the 5th day of the #atozchallenge while looking for fellow writers. Congratulations on your blog. ER was one of our favorite shows while it aired. We still laugh about several lines from the show.I know you are going to make new blogging friends this month. I'm writing about gardening and related topics and having a wonderful time. If you have time or interest, come and visit.
Liz Blocker said…
I loved the show!! Great drama, good writing, good characters - and yes, sometimes good romance :) I stopped watching it, too, though, so I'm not sure about those later seasons.
Carrie-Anne said…
ER was the favorite show of the RA I had my senior year of university, 2001-02. I only think I watched a few episodes on and off over the years.
Julie Flanders said…
I'm like you and only watched the first few years, in fact I think I stopped watching before Clooney left. But for the first few seasons I NEVER missed this on Thursday nights. Loved it.
Suze said…
I watched the first few years like you and was particularly invested in the dynamic between Dr. Greene and Stringfield's character. (I remember her first name was Susan. It'll come to me in a sec ...)

Crushed on Carter, too. :)
Lynda Dietz said…
I used to enjoy this show quite a bit!
I loved this show!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...