B: Beverly Hills 90210 *90's Pop Culture Favorites* #AtoZchallenge

Don't judge me.

I was working 10 hour days in the city and going to graduate school at night. Beverly Hills 90210 (1990-2000) was a much-needed guilty pleasure once each week---recorded on VHS tapes, of course.

The Brenda-Dillon-Kelly love triangle was what got me hooked. Kelly knew exactly what she was doing when she moved in on the Dillster while Brenda was on that student trip to Paris. But Brenda---ugh!  She acted like Dillon was SO bad for messing around on her when she had that thing going with the Lois and Clark guy the whole freaking time...and then Dillon...don't even get me started.

Aren't you glad you didn't know me in the 90's??



SHEEPISH ADMISSION: I'm not even here. I've been kidnapped by pirates and shall be hooped up on pixie dust for the rest of the week. Upon my return, visiting my A to Z commenters will be the top priority in my eLife, so see you then!  

Comments

I actually watched the first episode or two of Beverly Hills 90210. We had just moved to California from the Midwest and I thought my kids and I might identify with some of it. Hahahaha!
I never watched the show but I know it was extremely popular. I like your theme.
Michael Di Gesu said…
OOOoooo... In the Magic kingdom... SOOOO jealous. Hope you're having a blast!

I leave for the BAHAMAS tomorrow ... CANNOT WAIT to get out of this WIND TUNNEL!

Have fun...

As for 90210.... my life was a whirlwind in the 90's rushing all over the place with my modeling career... Fun times, but .... LOL.
Cherie Colyer said…
I never saw 90210.

Don't breath in too much of that pixie dust! It's not good for you. ;)
Carrie-Anne said…
My parents didn't let me watch 90210, since they thought it was too adult for me. (Odd how they were so liberal about what I could read!) All the other girls in my class were watching it by sixth grade, but I couldn't. Now my parents claim they never forbade me to watch it, though I certainly remember them saying it was off-limits.
Kyra Lennon said…
I watched this when I was a kid but I remember shockingly little about it!
Isis Rushdan said…
Your post brought back memories, lol.

Where can I get some pixie dust? I'm in desperate need.
Steven said…
My sisters loved this show, I did not.
M Pax said…
I was in DC at the time and working dreadful hours. 90210 was one of my guilty pleasures too, and the equally guilty Smellrose Place.
Anonymous said…
I never actually watched 90210, but a lot of people really liked that show. Being kidnapped by pirates sounds like quite an adventure. Elife vs. real life - hope you're having fun!

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Writing Tips
Effectively Human
Lots of Crochet Stitches

Janie Junebug said…
I watched a number of episodes of that show. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

Love,
Janie
SK Anthony said…
Oh my gosh...I used to love this show...of course I wasn't even fifteen yet when I watched it but wow the memories. I think I missed the last couple seasons though, I don't even remember lol
Loni Townsend said…
I won't judge you. I'll admit I watched the show myself (though it had hit reruns by the time I actually got interested). I recall thinking Shannen Doherty was a real bad word back in the day.
Liz Blocker said…
Oh. My. God. That picture!! And to think I used to think they were like, the coolest people EVER! So no, I won't judge you :)
Hey, I know that show....
Ha! Guilty too!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...