80s TV Shows: Xenohuman Xanthrocroid

MaX Headroom
1987 - 1988 
(Come on, I can't be the only one cheating on X day)

Click image to watch Max in a Coke commercial
I never even knew before now that Max Headroom had his own series; I thought he just did Coke commercials (1986).  But he started with The Max Headroom Show in the UK, in which he played videos and talked in-between.  Then there was a TV movie, Max Headroom: 20 Minutes Into the Future, which provided Max's background (he's the result of an experiment in a world taken over by television).  ABC took interest and asked the producers to make episodes of an all-new Max Headroom sci-fi TV series for the U.S. market. 
...Anyone else's head hurt?

Quote:
"How can you tell a network executive is lying? His lips move!"

Trivia:
What is Max Headroom's name derived from?

Next week I'll post the answers to all my 80s TV trivia questions.:) 

More info on Max Headroom and other 80s TV shows

Comments

Tara Tyler said…
I have no idea, but I loved that guy - did you know he's on Zack & Cody's Suite Life?
happy x day!
what a great, weird, off-the-wall show it was. i know the answer to the trivia, but i don't want to spoil it, and it's a little too involved for me to type out at 6:25 AM.
Suze said…
I can't wait for all the answers, should be good.
Name came from a sign - Max. Headroom - the last thing Carter saw.
haha, forgot about that guy. Also, I accidentally inserted a pause into your post, so I first read it as "I thought he just did Coke" and thought that explained a lot. :P

I can't answer the trivia because I always thought it was Max Headrome.
erica
anthony stemke said…
I remember that show, they had some guy on a computer tracking some movement in a building all the time.

Thank You.
India Drummond said…
I remember Max Headroom... I loved the show, but I don't think it lasted long. All the good ones seem to get cancelled, while the crap goes on and on for years!
Michael Di Gesu said…
I remember the commercials.... I knew it was a show, but I didn't get a chance to watch it.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...