80s TV Shows: Marvelous Man

Magnum P.I.
1980 - 1988


Click image for opening theme
This tongue-in-cheek action series, featuring Tom Sellek as Thomas Magnum, private investigator, was one of the most popular TV shows on Thursday nights in the 80s.  Magnum P.I. was made more fun by quirky sidekicks---Higgins, TC & Rick---and its Hawaiian setting.   

Quote:
"You might try the strawberry jam too, it’s really quite good. An old comrade from the Burma campaign sent it to me -- Tanky Moran. Got his name when he single-handedly took on a Japanese tank and knocked it out...now he’s selling jam in Devonshire."

Trivia: 
Throughout the series, we never get to see Magnum's mysterious absentee employer, Robin Masters.  Producers had eventually planned to reveal a very famous actor/director as the mysterious Masters, but the actor died before the end of the series.  Any idea who that might've been?

More info. on Magnum P.I. and other 80s TV Shows

Comments

fallen monkey said…
The one man who can pull off a 'stache, I say.
Anne Gallagher said…
Oh Nicki, I almost had a heart attack when I saw this picture. I LOVE Tom Selleck. Back in the 80's I only dated guys that looked like him. Yeah, I know, but it was the 80's. We all had our quirks. Kind of like the Dave's.

You have once again stumped me with your question. On a guess, I'll say Richard Burton.
i loved Tom Selleck in that, and still love him as an actor, esp. in Westerns. what a great smile he has. i think he met his current wife Jillie Mack on the set. i believe they were going to use Orson Welles as Robin Masters, but not sure.
K.C. Woolf said…
M for Moustache Man! I didn't watch Magnum, but Tom Selleck was funny in 'Friends'. :-)
Jeremy [Retro] said…
it never ended... it's still plays in my head over and over... oh the mustache...
Jeff Beesler said…
I think I understand why you appreciated all of my postings thus far during Rock'N'Write month over at my blog. There's just something about the 80's that invokes a sense of nostalgia in a person, isn't there?
Michael Di Gesu said…
Another blast from the past.... ONLY TOM could get away with that stash!
Plain Jane said…
Oooo, those dimples. I don't even notice the stach.
Unknown said…
Yes. Magnum P. I. rocked. I also loved when Tom Sellek was on Friends.
Anonymous said…
I loved that show!!
I never got that mustache. He looked much better without it in the movie "In and Out".

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...