80s TV Shows: Unraveling Uncertainty

Unsolved Mysteries
1987 - It's still going!

Click image to watch a 1987 promo
Although it's hopped around from network to network and had gaps in production, for the majority of the last quarter century, Unsolved Mysteries has transmitted goosebumps over TV airwaves as it re-enacts real life mysteries---including unsolved crimes, missing persons, conspiracy theories, and unexplained paranormal-like phenomena. Mwahahah!

Quote:
"Whenever possible, the actual family members and police officials have participated in recreating the events. What you are about to see is not a news broadcast."

Trivia:
The concept of the show is based on a series of three specials run on NBC in 1986.  The success of these specials, which focused only on missing persons, led to an expanded focus and the creation of Unsolved Mysteries as we know it today.  Does anyone remember the name of those three 1986 specials?

More info on Unsolved Mysteries and other 80s TV shows 

Comments

Unknown said…
You're kidding?! Unsovled Mysteries is still going on?! With the same host? That guy gives me the creeps, I know he's just making me aware of all the weirdo's out there but his voice just makes it all the more scary!
Anne Gallagher said…
Didn't Adam Walsh's father start his series with missing person's specials. He lost his son in the 80's. So I'll go with that -- although I have no idea what the name of the show is.

Unsolved Mysteries was my brothers' favorite show. I got too creeped out by the music.
Angela said…
Wish I did. But nope. I was too small. My parents never let me watched this show. I think they believed it would give me nightmares.
Twenty-four years! That's impressive.
g-girl said…
this was one i didn't get into. i can't believe it's still running!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...