80s TV Shows: Huge Hit

Hill Street Blues
1981-1987

Click image to watch opening theme
This is the original "ensemble drama" featuring the overworked staff of an urban police precinct.  Hill Street Blues set the stage for many other successful 80s TV shows of the same genre (e.g. L.A. Law, Thirtysomething).

Quotes:
"Hey, let's be careful out there."

"Oh my Gawd! Here it is Christmas Eve, and I'm gonna get shot dead in a moose suit!"

Trivia:
The show is set in an anonymous city, but do you know which real city it's based on?

Comments

Unknown said…
I loved watching Hill Street Blues with my mom. Mostly cause it meant staying up past my bed time.
Elliot Grace said…
...there's mention of "Blues" in my upcoming release...how cool that I'm not the only person on the planet who remembers that show:)

Not sure why, but I'm thinking either Detroit, or Chicago. I guess that's two choices...I'm cheating.

EL
K.C. Woolf said…
Another one I'd forgotten about.
Great moose suit quote!
Michael Di Gesu said…
Fantastic show.

I thought it was Chicago..... but EL triggered something. Maybe Detroit.
Plain Jane said…
I was never allowed to watch it. It was "for adults only."
Sherri Lackey said…
I believe I always thought it was based on New York. I remember watching it but I can't remember much about it other than the quote you put about being careful out there.
Anonymous said…
I'll go with Chicago -- am I close?
Manzanita said…
I don't have a clue but I loved the show.
Manzanita
Wanna buy a duck
Anne Gallagher said…
My father's favorite show.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...