80s TV Shows: Cheers all around!

Cheers
1982 - 1993

Click image for Cheers Theme song
Sammy and the gang are so timeless, I forget this TV show began its lengthy tenure in the midst of 80s pop culture.

 Quote:
Norm: "It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." 



Trivia:
 One of the original regulars wasn't even in the script until the actor (after auditioning for and not getting the part of Norm) created an impromptu character on the spot and impressed the producers. Everybody at Cheers knew his name...do you?

More info on Cheers and other 80s TV Shows 

Taking this A to Z theme even further, Cali Cheer Mom, hostess of the weekly Meet an Author Monday blog hop is out of town at what else...a cheer competition!  So I'm hosting that hop this week.  Good luck to your girls, Lisa!

Authors!  Have a book out?  Are you under contract for publication?  Make sure you join in the hop. This is a great way to network your blog and let readers know who you are! Here's how it works:

READERS:
  • Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many "new to you" authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well.  Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog!  We'd love to chat with you!
AUTHORS:
  • Follow any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
  • You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
  • Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don't create a post for the hop, your readers won't have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
  • The purpose of the hop is to meet "new to you" authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
  • To make it easier for followers, please included the code with the hop list in your post.  Click "Get the code here" below and grab it.  

Comments

Great show! And was it the guy who played Cliff?
Unknown said…
Cheers was great. We used to have a Cheers board game in college.
Unknown said…
I loved Cheers! We used to watch it all the time, one to always remember!!
Liz P said…
Cheers was such a great show. I remember watching it when it was new with my parents, and then later when it ran in syndication. Norm and Cliff were probably my favorite characters.

We used to drive into Boston all the time and we'd just happen to drive by the Cheers bar where they filmed the exterior shots. When I was a kid I always thought that the show was actually filmed there. :)
Jennifer Lane said…
Nice tie in to the CHEER competition, ha ha. I'm with Alex--is the answer the guy who played Cliff? Not Kelsey Grammer, right? The Milkbone quote is hilarious. :D
I'm celebrating NICENESS today over at my blog and Jennifer gave you a shout out! :) Well deserved for your nicetude, I might add!
Anonymous said…
Hey Nicki! Thanks for host Meet an Author Monday today!!!
Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
Gregg Metcalf said…
I liked Cheers. However, my all time favorite was the spin off Frasier. I loved that show and have all 11 seasons on DVD. The writing was brilliant, the chemistry was electric, and the plots were hilarious.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples
Jan Morrison said…
that was great! I loved hearing that tune. Yikes. What does it mean about me? Ah, well...
Jan Morrison
fallen monkey said…
WOO!!! *Pumping fists into the air* Still an all-time fave.
CarolOates said…
Thanks for hosting this week. I used to watch Cheers with the whole family. It brings back good memories thinking about it.
M Pax said…
Frasier? I loved that show. It was like hanging out in a bar every week ... without coming home and reeking like cigarettes. lol
Michael Di Gesu said…
I would guess the guy who played CLIFF.

I love your theme!
Unknown said…
Thanks for hosting the blog hop. The 80's wow. I used to think Woody was the coolest;)

Frasier I have to admit was more my style.

aka Gabriella Hewitt
Grammy said…
Hi, Sorry, I never did get into Cheers too much until it went into reruns, and then only occasionally. Now, give me the Beverly hillbillies any time. Ha.
Ruby
Hart Johnson said…
I loved Cheers--it's on in syndication at the mo, so when I get home from work, I find hubby watching it. I'm guessing it is Cliff who created his character...

As for the blog hop--that is such a great idea--is it ongoing? This month I am totally swamped with blog visit obligations, but i'd love to pick it up in May.
Marie Rearden said…
Maybe Cliff? He was such a random character, and played well off of Norm. Great post!

Marie at the Cheetah
Anne Gallagher said…
John Ratzenberger. Thank God for Toy Story.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...