80s TV Shows: Fabulous Family Fun

Family Ties
1982-1989

Click image to watch opening theme
Michael J. will always be Alex P. to me.  This TV show can still make me laugh as much to day as it did back in the 80s.  Why do I never see this one in syndication?  

Quote:
"Of all the Basic Applied Economic Principles of Capitalism in the Post-Industrial Era Seminars in the world, you had to walk into mine."

Trivia:
What Oscar-winning actor played Elyse Keaton's alcoholic brother?  Too easy?  Fine, who's picture was on lil' Alex's lunchbox.

Comments

Gregg Metcalf said…
I did watch this show. I liked Michael J Fox. Especially when I saw him in the Back to the Future series. Good reminder of the past! Thanks.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples
Unknown said…
I loved Family Ties. The Keatons and the Cosbys were the TV families I watched growing up.
Anonymous said…
This was such a funny show! Great writing, great delivery.
Michael Di Gesu said…
Alex was certainly amusing...

I have no idea who Elise's alcoholic brother was... Was it Reagan on his lunchbox?
Liz P said…
One of the great 80's sitcoms. I think TV Land or some other station was airing this a few months ago.

Hard to believe that Michael J Fox almost didn't star in Back to the Future because he was so busy with Family Ties. Fortunately for us, he was able to do both (but apparently it was very demanding).
baygirl32 said…
I think it was Nixon the lunch box? one of my favorite shows back in the day

stopping in for a visit from the A to Z
http://baygirl32.blogspot.com
fallen monkey said…
Yay! I was hoping this would be F. "F" as in my all-time 80s FAVORITE!

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...