A HERO LOST Playlist #BookTour #Anthology

Yay! I'm so excited that I got to ask my favorite authorly question to a whole bunch of the fabulous authors with stories in the brand new Hero Lost anthology. Here is your awesome Hero Lost playlist:

The Question: If you had to pick one song that best captures the essence of your story in the Hero Lost anthology, what song would you choose and why?

Jen Chandler

The song I would pick that best sums up the essence of my story would have to be Sarah McLaughlin's song "Building a Mystery". When I first got the idea for "Mysteries of Death and Life", that song crept into my mind and never left. Honestly, the story that came to me was a lot darker than the one I wrote. I'd love to really dive deep one day, find the darker essence of my characters and their stories. Alas, word counts require condensing. Perhaps there's a novella here waiting to be written one day?

Renee Cheung

“Dust in the Wind” by Kansas is probably a good embodiment of “Memoirs of a Forgotten Knight”. The idea that time erases everything is prevalent in the story in many ways, from the ages of knight and dragons to the state Cormac finds himself in by the end of the story. The song itself has a bittersweet tune that befits the tragedy of this forgotten knight.

Erika Beebe

“Fortunate Son” by Creedence Clearwater Revival would be Ethan Klaussen's song, the main character in The Wheat Witch. It relates to his attitude for a great deal of his life about himself. He has very little faith in humanity or any form of desire beyond his immediate world of work, his mustang and his bar near his house until a moment in the bar redefines him.

Sarah Foster

This was tough because I didn’t really have any songs in mind while I was writing the story (which is actually weird for me). But I think “Smoke and Mirrors” by Imagine Dragons is a good fit, particularly for Mikah’s character in “The Last Dragon.” The band’s name is just a bonus. :)

Elizabeth Seckman

I'll go with "That Old Black Magic" by Frank Sinatra.

Yvonne Ventresca

“Hey Jealousy” by the Gin Blossoms because “The Art of Remaining Bitter” focuses on envy. The song is more about jealousy in a romantic relationship, and my story is about sibling rivalry, but there is a longing in both of them that is similar.

Tyrean Martinson

"How You Remind Me" by Nickelback ran through my head on repeat until I wrote "Of Words and Swords." I don't think it fits the story exactly, but the tone fits Maud, the main character.

L. Nahay

For "Breath Between Seconds," the song would be '"Doomed'" by Bring Me The Horizon.


Hero Lost
Mysteries of Death and Life
An Insecure Writer’s Support Group Anthology

Can a lost hero find redemption?

What if Death himself wanted to die? Can deliverance be found on a bloody battlefield? Could the gift of silvering become a prison for those who possessed it? Will an ancient warrior be forever the caretaker of a house of mystery?

Delving into the depths of the tortured hero, twelve authors explore the realms of fantasy in this enthralling and thought-provoking collection. Featuring the talents of Jen Chandler, L. Nahay, Renee Cheung, Roland Yeomans, Elizabeth Seckman, Olga Godim, Yvonne Ventresca, Ellen Jacobson, Sean McLachlan, Erika Beebe, Tyrean Martinson, and Sarah Foster.

Hand-picked by a panel of agents and authors, these twelve tales will take you into the heart of heroes who have fallen from grace. Join the journey and discover a hero’s redemption!


Comments

And I know most of those songs!
Music plays a big part in my writing as well.
Sarah Foster said…
Thanks for featuring us, Nicki! Coming up with songs that fit a story is always fun.
Thanks for featuring the anthology on your blog :-) Interesting to get insights from a musical perspective into the various stories and characters.
Erika Beebe said…
What a fun post! I love how I remember all of these songs too. Thank you so much Nicki!
I actually know all of those songs. Hmm... 'Smoke and Mirrors' ... <3
Crystal Collier said…
Wow. It's amazing how just naming a soundtrack can give the feel of each story. Loved this!
Fun round-up! Thanks for featuring the anthology.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
I love Dust in the Wind. I can sing that perfectly on Playstation's Karaoke game. And I sing horrible! LOL

I've always made soundtracks and selected songs for my stories.
Unknown said…
Thanks for featuring the anthology and our songs. :)
Oops - I posted from the family gmail account last time - sorry.
Sentiments are still the same - thanks for hosting our anthology group!
Fun post!
I'd love to read the novella of Jen Chandler's story.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...