I'm so excited to feature a brand new novella---just released today!---by Rumer Haven. Rumer has such a lovely way of painting stories with words, and this particular story features one of my favorite twists ever in a romance. It's a perfect short read for Valentine's season.
by Rumer Haven
Adult Contemporary Romance
Available February 3, 2015
from Battered Suitcase Press
(an imprint of Vagabondage Press)
SUMMARY: One wedding. Six participants. Be they sitting in the pews or standing at the altar, bearing witness in person or only in spirit, each of them knows something about the unsmiling bride. Go ahead—offer them a sixpence for their thoughts, and they'll make you these vows:
- One would love to declare this woman his “awfully wedded wife.”
- One fears what she already has and will have to hold—if not from this day forward, then soon.
- One takes her to be richer, not poorer.
- One is better for what she told him this morning, worse for betraying a friend to get to this point.
- One worries whether today finds her in sickness or in health.
- And only one already knows that not even in death will they part.
Add it to Goodreads.
RAFFLECOPTER: In celebration, Rumer is giving away 4 free ebooks of this 9,000-word novelette, and a lucky 5th winner will receive the ebook PLUS an authentic silver sixpence coin struck by the Royal Mint in London! RSVP at the Rafflecopter for your chance to win (runs from 2/3 - 2/14).