80s Sighting: The Muppet Movie

Happy New Year!  I'm starting right off w/ one of my resolutions---and that's to live up to the 80s portion of my Blogger byline.   All last year I noted 80s references popping up everywhere, and this year, whenever I find one of note, I'm gonna tell you about it.  Lucky you, eh?

Last week I went to see The Muppets---which was so awesome. If you were ever a Muppets fan you must see it---and I was tickled to see brand new character, 80s Robot.  I was even more happy to find this short clip of the "modem" scene to share with you (note the Top 40 song from 1980 playing in the background---can you name the song & artist?):

Comments

I knew you'd dig The Muppets, Nicki! It was made for those of us who grew up with the show.
Suze said…
'All last year I noted 80s references popping up everywhere, and this year, whenever I find one of note, I'm gonna tell you about it. Lucky you, eh?'

YAY! :D
I look forward to getting immersed in the 80s with you, love the 80s! I haven't yet seen the new Muppet movie but it's on my list!
dolorah said…
LOL, way cool. I did love the Muppets.

......dhole
Unknown said…
The muppets rock and the song...Cars?

"Here in my car... "

That was one of those songs that I am almost positive I sing the lyrics wrong. lol!
Anne Gallagher said…
That was great. I remember dial-up, sad to say.

Here in my car... that's all I have. Techno pop.
Susan Oloier said…
I just saw The Muppets Take Manhattan for the first time with my kids last month. I know, I know...waaaayyy behind. I will have to take them to see this one.
Cars? Gary Numan?
anthony stemke said…
Am not able to view the video.
Wish you a Happy New Year.
DL Hammons said…
He looks a little like WALL-E. :)
Suze said…
I took my daughter to go see this, today, and we both liked it! It was very sweet-spirited.
I've missed the Muppets, especially Kermit. I like the computer animated movies like Finding Nemo, but the Mupppets have their own unique charm; somehow they seem more real. I also love how Miss Piggy freaks out all the time.
fallen monkey said…
Oh, I love it! I am so bummed I didn't make it to the movie with you guys before I had to head back. :(

I had a nice 80s fix of my own last night - "Adventureland." Have you seen it? Yes, it's Kristen Stewart in all her "Meh, uhh, blehhh..." glory, but she's tolerable, and the other characters are endearing enough to make up for it. Not to mention the 80s setting and soundtrack. Wicked awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...