Junk in a Box Competition


Well, it happened. Thanks to all of you...
I hit a triple-digit follower Trifecta!
100!!!
And so, I introduce my 100 follower
Junk in a Box Competition

Not this kind of junk in a box.
Minds out of the gutter now, 
I'm talking about dioramas!

There is only one qualification to enter, and that is that you follow me on either Blogger, Twitter, or Facebook.


Didn't see that one coming, did you?  The idea hatched as I watched my daughter build this stellar *award winning* Peter and the Starcatchers diorama for the local library. I had the same thought that got me into this writing thing to begin with: Why not?

Do you remember these from grade school?  If not, here's a definition:

diorama (ˌdaɪəˈrɑːmə)
 a miniature three-dimensional scene in which models of figures are seen against a background 

THE THEME

The Awesome 80s

THE RULES

Create an 80s-themed diorama and e-mail a photo of it to elson.nicki@gmail.com by January 31, 2011.  Entries will be judged based on overall appearance and how well they capture the theme. And think about this---what are the chances anyone else will actually enter?  So, all you have to do is stick  your junk in a box and the prize is practically yours! 
THE PRIZE
  • One Hit Wonders of the 80s CD
  • Signed Copy of Three Daves
  • Your blog & your book (or whatever you want) featured in a post

PERK FOR ALL ENTRIES

I know this contest requires more work than most, so I'm also offering a perk for each entry.  Everyone who sends me a photo of their 80s-themed diorama will be invited to be a guest blogger here at Not-So-Deep Thoughts. Blog to my 100+ followers on whatever your heart desires!  Also, I'll post the image of your entry along with a link to your blog/Facebook page/Twitter account/website (your choice)  on my side bar.

BONUS POINTS
 
Because I harbor a persistent and burning desire to make things more complicated than they need to be, on the off chance that there's more than one entry and I have a tough time deciding on a winner, I'll use the following points system to break any ties:
  • Follow me on more than one media (1 point for each)
  • Comment on my Blogger or Facebook posts (2 points each)
  • "Like" my Facebook posts or re-Tweet my Twitter posts (3 points each)
  • Promote this here contest at your blog/Facebook/Twitter (4 points each - please give me a heads up on this one if you do it) 
Now get out there, you crazy kids, and get your diorama on!




Comments

Sondrae Bennett said…
Sounds like a lot of work but it also sounds AWESOME! How fun! Now I just have to come up with something.
Nicki Elson said…
Yay! Glad you like the idea Sondrae. I hope inspiration strikes. ;)
Now THAT is an interesting contest! Great twist, Nicki.
Nicki Elson said…
Why thank you, sir Alex.
fallen monkey said…
Ah, Mia's diorama turned out beautifully! So not surprised she won an award.

And this contest idea is brilliant, no-no, wait, (to keep with the theme) WICKED AWESOME!
Nicki Elson said…
Hey Monkey -- way to stick w/ the theme. Now get that junk in a box!
Michael Di Gesu said…
You are TOO funny. I love this idea. I have to think of something fun to do. I am glad your extending it, I'll need the extra time.lol

Michael

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility